Saturday, August 12, 2006

Here goes nothin'.....

so i've never posted a blog before, so we'll see how this little diddy goes. i'll try and make them short so you'll actually read it and not trail off (cuz honestly, if it's longer than a solid paragraph, I tend to either stop reading or not start all together....sorry =)

i just moved to st simons in may and have been working at the gathering place (a parachurch ministry in the area; see more: www.thegp.org) since then. I'm on full time staff now, which means I've stick around after the summer college interns have left and am figuring out what real ministry looks like year round.

It's kinda daunting and kinda exciting at the same time, not knowing what to do and figuring it out on the spot; I'm learning about my self and how i work (outside of college) and trying to figure out the bigger picture and to what end (vocationally) God might be calling me.

so far it seems like i may be leaning toward doing urban ministry in some facit or something with social justice; how that looks or what it really means is beyond me, but i hope to figure out why God's put this on my heart and how i am to move next. thanks for reading and we'll see how this whole blog thing goes long term.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Yay Josh! I'm proud of you for blogging. Now I can find out what's going on with you. I hope we can talk soon. Love ya, Michelle

Mon Aug 14, 01:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home